Formnext shows the entire world of Additive Manufacturing and its upstream and downstream processes under one roof. This is just one of the reasons why it has developed rapidly in recent years and become the international meeting point for suppliers and users of industrial 3D Printing. In Frankfurt am Main as well as digitally.
At a glance
Formnext and its digital supplements offer you all this:
- A leading global trade fair dedicated to Additive Manufacturing and industrial 3D Printing
- A conference held in tandem with the exhibition by our content partner TCT
- 606 exhibitors and 17,859 visitors on 33,600 square meters exhibition space
- 50% international exhibitors and 48 % international visitors
- Digital directory with 621 additive manufacturing solution providers.
- 58 hours and 147 presentations for knowledge building and transfer - live, digital and on demand
Development & analysis of the physical event
In our seventh year we were able to welcome the global AM community back in person in 2021 after the corona-induced digital edition in 2020. And Formnext 2021 built on the remarkable successes of previous years.
Exhibitors & visitors 2021 in detail
- Download: Management-Summary Formnext 2021 (pptx, 4 MB)
The Formnext exhibition showcases the complex, multifaceted world of Additive Manufacturing across the entire range of materials used, from polymers to metals and other materials, as well as every process step in state-of-the-art industrial production right up to series production.
Experience the future of innovative manufacturing under one roof!
- Solutions for Additive Manufacturing
- Design / Product Development
- Manufacturing preparation/ Pre-Processing
- Solutions for component processing
- Solutions for surface treatment
- Quality Management / Metrology
- Digitization / Services / Tool and Die Making
- Apprenticeship, Training and Qualification
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Organizations and Publishing Companies
Those who attend formnext work in the following user industries:
- Automation and Handling
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Construction and Architecture
- Consumer Health Care
- Dental Technology
- Domestic Appliances
- Electronic Engineering / Electronics
- Mechanical Engineering and Plant Engineering
- Medical Technology
- Offshore and Marine
- Rail and Transportation
- Research and Development
- Science and institutes
- Tool and Die Making
- Watches and Jewelry
Every year, entrepreneurs, decision-makers, product designers, and the people responsible for production and processes from many renowned companies come to Formnext to find out about solutions, developments and new ideas in industrial Additive Manufacturing. The companies represented include:
Becker Marine Systems
Bilfinger + Berger
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma
Deutsche Bahn AG
Deutsche Telekom Technik
DHL Supply Chain
Estee Lauder Companies
Fresenius Medical Care
Goodyear Dunlop Tires
Johnson & Johnson
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MTU Aero Engines
Pratt & Whitney
Safran Aircraft Engines
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology
The Boeing Company
UTC Aerospace Systems
Villeroy & Boch
The top-class TCT Conference @ Formnext is held by our content partner.
The TCT Group is affiliated with Rapid News Communications and its mission is to accelerate the adoption of 3D technologies from design, through development, to production in all sectors. The TCT Group has been a leading authority in the 3D printing industry for more than 20 years and develops comprehensive market-leading solutions for media and events at a global level.
Within the Working Group Additive Manufacturing, Formnext’s conceptual sponsor, over 170 companies and research institutes collaborate under the direction of the German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association VDMA. Here, plant engineers, component and material suppliers, industrial companies that work with metals and plastics, service providers in software, manufacturing, and processing, and numerous researchers all work toward the same goal: the industrialization of additive manufacturing techniques. And Formnext offers the ideal platform for this.
3D ADEPT Media is a global media company that tracks and analyses the latest trends in the additive manufacturing industry and in all vertical industries adopting AM technologies. As a source for high-quality, accurate, and timely additive manufacturing insights, we pride ourselves on delivering up-to-date information you can rely on through various digital and print resources. Those resources include but are not limited to our Additive Talks series, our online media, our International Catalogue of AM Solutions, our print & interactive digital magazine 3D ADEPT Mag. The Print version of 3D ADEPT Mag is distributed at home and/or offices to our subscribers and in all events where 3D ADEPT Media is a media partner. Registrants to Formnext have the opportunity to get a FREE digital/print subscription to 3D ADEPT Mag.
Metal Additive Manufacturing magazine is dedicated to reporting on the latest commercial and technical developments in the industry through in-depth application, technology and business-focused articles. It is available free of charge via our website and iOS/Android apps, or in print with the purchase of a subscription.
Metal-AM.com is the go-to source for industry news and technical information on all aspects of metal AM. In addition to editorial content, it offers an industry event listing and a free magazine archive comprising all back issues. Our enewsletter delivers the week’s business and technical news to our readers every Friday.
In detail – exhibitors and visitors 2019
As an event of the Messe Frankfurt Group, Formnext is not only part of the first German trade fair company to become a member of the United Nations Global Compact in 2010. Formnext also has an exhibition center operator at its side whose strategic orientation has been determined by its sustainable business practices for decades. A particular focus, of course, is on the environment and sustainability.
- The systematic separation and recycling of waste at the Frankfurt fair grounds is proving its worth, with up to 90 percent of the waste generated being fed back into the material cycle each year.
- The photovoltaic systems on the site supply electricity for over 500 households.
- In addition, of course, we use 100% green electricity.
- The Frankfurt exhibition grounds are a green oasis in the middle of the city: More than 40 percent of the open space is unsealed. Lawns, shrubs and around 890 trees create a pleasant microclimate. More than 244 vines make Frankfurt one of the few cities with its own vineyard.
Of course, that is by no means all. You can find more information on our 4 fields of action Social Responsibility, Environment and Sustainability, Education and Science, and Sports and Culture, the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and Messe Frankfurt's Sustainability Report here:Value-based approach – Messe Frankfurt’s identity and outlook