Please read the following terms and conditions for participating in the U.S. student competition.
"Why do I wish to visit "Formnext"?"
Mesago Messe Frankfurt GmbH
Rotebühlstrasse 83-85,70178 Stuttgart
Conditions of participation
- The organizer is offering a prize competition in the period from 24 September 2019 until 11 October 2019. The prize competition is in no way sponsored, supported or organized by Instagram and has no connection with Instagram. The prize for the winner is a trip to the "Formnext" trade show, which will be held from 19 until 22 November 2019 in Frankfurt am Main. The prize includes the cost of an economy-class return flight to Frankfurt am Main from the airport closest to the winner's home, three nights' stay in a double room at a four-star hotel as well as admission to "Formnext" on all four days of the event.
- The prize competition is open exclusively to students who, at the time of participation in the prize competition, are enrolled at a university/college, have US citizenship and are at least 18 years old. The prize competition is open only to publicly visible photos and profiles. Participants give assurance that they satisfy the above conditions. Employees of the organizer or of affiliated companies, including relatives of the above-mentioned groups, are barred from participating in the prize competition. The organizer is entitled to bar certain individuals from participation where there are justified grounds, such as failing to satisfy the conditions of participation, participating more than once, exerting undue influence on the prize competition, manipulation, etc.
- Each participant may participate only once, i.e. with one post, in the prize competition. To participate in the prize competition, participants must post a video or photo on Instagram and, using the hash tag #formnextisawesome, explain why they wish to visit "Formnext". Participants undertake not to share any illegal content. The organizer accepts no liability for the content of posts and comments of the participants.
- After the prize competition closes, three finalists will be determined by the organizer at its discretion. The finalists will be those participants who, in the organizer's opinion, have given the most creative, most convincing or most interesting answers to the question "Why do I wish to visit "Formnext"?". The winner will be determined at random (drawn by lot) from the three finalists. The winner will then be notified on Instagram by means of a comment below their uploaded photo/video and via the direct message feature. In addition, the winner will be mentioned in the form of a comment below the prize competition post. The winner's photo/video may be used for the Instagram account of "Formnext". In participating in the prize competition, each participant automatically consents to these terms and conditions.
- The prize cannot be paid out in cash or assigned to another person. If the winner fails to contact the organizer within 14 days after notification of winning, their right to the prize will be forfeited. The organizer will be under no obligation to determine an alternative winner.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the conditions of participation at any time. Furthermore, the organizer reserves the right to end or interrupt the prize competition at any time without prior notice.
- Any claims for damages by participants against the organizer are excluded. However, this limitation of liability shall not apply in case of culpable harm to life, body or health by the organizer or by an employee, worker or other agent of the organizer; where the claim for damages is founded on willful or grossly negligent behavior of the organizer or of an employee, worker or other agent of the organizer; in case of a breach of a guarantee given by the organizer; where the organizer or an employee, worker or other agent of the organizer is in negligent breach of a material contractual obligation or in case of compulsory legal liability, such as under the German Product Liability Act. A material contractual obligation is a contractual obligation that is essential to the proper performance of the contract and on compliance with which the contracting party may and does routinely rely. Where the organizer or an employee, worker or other agent of the organizer breaches a material contractual obligation through slight negligence, the organizer's liability due to such breach of a material contractual obligation through slight negligence shall be limited to the typically foreseeable damages.
- Any information and data communicated by or collected from the participants through the use of the prize competition or during the prize competition will be made available only to the organizer and not to Instagram. Any inquiries or comments with regard to the prize competition should be directed to the organizer and not to Instagram.
- Should certain provisions of these conditions of participation be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other conditions of participation. Any invalid provision shall be replaced by an appropriate provision coming as close as possible to the purpose and intent of the invalid provision.
- German law shall apply. The courts of Stuttgart shall have jurisdiction. The organizer's decision is final in relation to the prize competition.