Formnext 2021 will be open to those who have recovered from or been vaccinated against Covid-19. The legal framework for this move is provided by the state of Hesse's Corona Protection Ordinance, which allows organizers the choice of applying the German “3G rule” (access for tested, recovered and vaccinated persons) or the German “2G rule” (recovered and vaccinated persons only).
Taking into account all the pros ans cons of both options, the benefits of applying the 2G rule outweigh the disadvantages for all participants.
- Only persons fully vaccinated against Covid-19 disease or recovered from Covid-19 with appropriate official proof will be admitted to the exhibition and conference.
- Country-specific travel regulations must nevertheless be observed.
An overview of the vaccines/vaccine combinations approved in Germany can be found on the website of the Paul Ehrlich Institute.
- Applying the German 2G rule eliminates the requirement of wearing masks at the show and any social distancing rules. These rules would apply if we were to hold the event under German 3G conditions.
- It allows talks at the trade show booths to be a far more pleasant experience for everyone involved, simply because facial expressions are easier to see.
- The organizational effort for the exhibitor around his trade show appearance is significantly reduced by the omission of the social distancing rules and COVID-19 specifications for the booth concept. There is also no maximum number of visitors on the stands to monitor and comply with. The exhibitor can concentrate much better on discussions with visitors.
- Reliability for planning is significantly increased should politicians stipulate the application of the German 2G rule at a later date. This would be the case if corona infection rates rise significantly.
- The German 2G rule, in combination with excellent air exchange in the exhibition halls, offers all participants a high level of safety against possible infection with the Corona virus.
You can find more information for exhibitors here.
By applying the 2G rule, we offer you a Formnext 2021 that maximizes trade show experience and success under the pandemic that has not yet been fully banished.